Monday, May 10, 2010

Same County, Different Worlds

Sometimes you get up, get out, and get after it and things turn out infinity times better than you expect. This weekend that happened. Managed to escape to the stream one morning and happened upon icy cold, clear water, multiple hatches, and feeding feesh. And it was in los angles county. Never would have thunk it could be true but I always wondered what was in them hills above the city from the time I was about ten years old. Now I know, and I can't wait to get back.

Typical.

A-Typical.

Water was cold, maybe 50 at most; I was limited in my underwater filming, hands were freezing

First to fall on the dry

Primo

Average for the section we got on

Danielle, Release'n the rain'


Creme de la creme; I got a few fish out of this section, one of which was a surprising catch for this water...I was stoked!


Absolutely chomped the size 16 adams, fought like a brute, somehow even putting a near double over bend in my 5wt, which was without a doubt like bring a gun to a knife fight on this stream (until I ran into this feller)

Fish o' the day.

This guy was mean lookin for his size.



I'll be back soon...

Four hours of hiking, bouldering and fishing in which I don't really remember what happened when or where I was or who I was or if I had eaten or if I was even hungry or thirsty had to end with un grande burrito.


No comments:

Post a Comment