Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chrome Search

Two storms in the last month of 2012 had some of our local drainages flowing nicely.  One watershed in particular did not appear to have the juice to lure in anadromous beasts until the last week of the year.  I went to see if it was enough.  The flows were beautiful, cold, fast, high and each bend in the streams I searched renewed my hope of finding a recent ocean immigrant.  There was snow on the peaks and high ridges surrounding me.  

Pools deep and long primarily stimulated my imagination.

The wading was not a cake walk.
Big and fast sinking.

The fish I found appeared to be simply large and healthy resident fish.








This tributary produced some nice trout, but no chromers.


The day was beautiful and I managed not to get dunked or catch a cold.  I will be back again after the next storm to continue the search.

1 comment: